Khloé Kardashian iPhone App Review
Friday, 17 March 2017
Let me start off by saying that I'm not a Kardashian stalker or a crazy super fan, my intent here is to review the KHLOÉ App from a and my beauty and lifestyle blogger point of view. I like the Kardashians, I like their show and yes I do keep up with them but just so we are clear - I'm reviewing this just like I would review every other product/item/service on my site. I thought it would be fun to share my thoughts and let you know whether it's worth the subscription or not. My boyfriend surprised me with an iTunes card a couple weeks ago and I immediately knew I wanted to try one of the Kardashian/Jenner apps. Khloé is the one Kardashian sister I've been keeping up with the most lately, ever since her 'Revenge Body' series kicked off, so I decided to go with her app first! Let's have a look.
The app is a mix of blogposts and videos from either Khloé herself and/or people that she works with, featuring famous Hollywood trainers and nutritionists, people from her glam squad such as Nurse Jamie and Jen Atkin, Revenge Body participants and even fans! The topics include makeup, fashion, beauty, fitness, health, body positivity and dating advice! You can subscribe to Khloé's app here for €2.99/month. Here are my thoughts!
- There's new content daily!
- Khloé is really fun, has great energy and a great personality, in her videos as well as in her blogposts.
- The KHLO•C•D series is my favorite, her organizational tips are the best. She covers beauty, fashion, accessories, her pantry etc. It's dope!
- A lot of emphasis is put on health and fitness, with tutorials, love!
- You also get exclusive 'Revenge Body' updates, which is really awesome if you like the show.
- Although not one of my personal favorite features, fans can also contribute content to her app! It shows that there's engagement, there's a conversation, and it makes you feel included and valued.
- The app itself isn't as fancy as I thought it would be. The design is very 'simple'. At first I was also convinced there was no menu! It took me 3 days to find it *slaps forehead*.
- Not all photos and videos on her app are high quality or full HD (I'm not talking about the old family pics & videos of course). Some are amazing quality and others are simply taken from her Instagram or Snapchat, which also makes the content sometimes 'less exclusive'.
- The trailers, featured on her Youtube channel, from her app kinda already say it all. The videos on her app aren't always that much longer.
- Lots of it is prerecorded, meaning several videos are filmed in one day with no outfit change. I'm solely mentioning this because as a Youtuber I know this can pose a problem for certain people.
-Many of her Snapchat videos are featured, if you already have that app it's kinda not so great.
I think my expectations for this app were way too high and maybe not very realistic. Perhaps I'm blinded by what I think the Kardashian glitz and glamour lifestyle really is. I feel like the app keeps it very real, it's fun and I had a great time using it. I will not be updating my subscription however 1) because I'd like to subscribe to one of the other Kardashian/Jenner sisters now! 2) my iTunes card only has €10 left lol 3) I can always go back to it later! What do you think of the Kardashian/Jenner mobile apps? Leave it in the comments below!
Want to know what I do with my life besides blogging? Take a look on my Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat all at joliennathalie! I host self care parties, tour my house, cook, declutter and show exclusive behind the scenes footage! You're welcome ;)